2.3
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services

I wish I had read the reviews prior to booking with this mgmt group. We arrived for check in a little after 4 PM, we were told the cabin wasn't ready but the "check in" representative mumbled that he would send us email by 5.

The rep was not very professional looking or acting. I had to keep asking him to repeat what he said, he never made eye contact. Well we didn't have email by 5, so I called the number provided to us. I was put on hold while the Rep called to find out what was going on, after waiting about 15 mins, I was disconnected.

Called back, was told at least another hour, called back, another hour.. finally at 7:15, I called and was told the cabin was ready. They finally sent me an email with the address and code to get in. Thank goodness, it is summer, the cabin was was not well marked and I don't think we could have found it in the dark.

We stayed at Autumn Breeze. Upon arrival, my boys went downstairs to the REC room which had the biggest TV. The bedroom my husband and I were staying in was downstairs and had TV that didn't work well. However, both TV's had parental controls of "G" rating.

I called the mgmt company and was told they couldn't do anything about it and that was up to owner. I couldn't believe that they haven't had this complaint before. Who puts parental controls on 2 of the 3 TVs on a rental?? I did let the REP know I wasn't a bit pleased with their service overall.

I explained about the 3 hours wait to get in the cabin. She said, she didn't see a problem with a 3 hour wait, they don't guarantee that your cabin will be ready at 4. Upon reading their agreement it does say in RARE occasions the cabin may not be ready. However, from the conversation I was having with this very RUDE person, it is more rare for your cabin to be ready at 4.

She thought it was acceptable to allow a family traveling from out of state to just wait around. They don't take in account that you may need to run to the grocery store. The cabin was clean, however there were things that needed repaired. Also, the cabin was not well stocked.

There were NO blankets, they gave 1 kitchen towel, no kitchen wash cloth, no pot holders, 5 plates for a 6 person cabin, 3 bowls, lacking utensils, the grill was one you would find in a park and not covered. The cabin was OK, better than a lot of the reviews I have seen but the mgmt company was awful. We have stayed in cabins before and this was the WORST experience.

I don't think I have ever had to call the mgmt company after I was given the directions/code before.- which was provided upon checkin. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!

Review about: Cabins Of The Smoky Mountains Cabin Rental.

Comments