1.2
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

I, too, wish I had read the reviews before using this rental agency. We have rented many cabins throughout the years and have NEVER had a bad experience...this one made up for all the good ones we had!

These folks don't give you the address for the cabin until it is ready. I understand that for a number of reasons, but when it is because they haven't done things they should have until the last minute that they've known about. I FINALLY got someone at Guest Services to give me the name of the road so that our group could head up to the area. (We rented the Circle of Life Cabin for Friday and Sat night).

At 5:00 we were told that we couldn't get the address because there were 2 TV's being replaced. I asked if we could get the address and at least sit in the driveway until the installation was done because we weren't familiar with the area nd it was going to be getting dark. I was put on hold and finally given the address and code. I was also told at one point that it states check-in BEGINS at 4:00...not guaranteed at 4:00.

The 2 guys came and finished installing at around 10 pm. THEN...we noticed the benches in the theatre room weren't bolted to the floor, the fooseball table was falling apart, there were very few forks & spoons, the dishwasher ran..but certainly didn't clean, the washer didn't work, the cover to the hot tub was too small, only enough for 8 of the 17 people it held to eat at the table or bar..alot of the seats were missing, there was NO GRILL on the deck..the only one was out by the garbage and the road in the dark,what few dishes that were there were filthy, not enough washcloths, no oven mitts, dishcloths, 2 of the bedrooms weren't as described in the layout and had been rearranged, the layout says 3 king beds and 2 queens when there was only 1 king, 2 queens and 2 full beds described in the amenities part, trash was all around the cabin..like someone had opened the windows and just dumped it out, the lightbulbs felt like they had a coat of crud on them, and the fireplace had so many loose stones that if you bumped up against it they would sometimes fall out and a chair leg that had been previously damaged broke the minute my daughter sat down. My brother in law went to wipe some water off of the floor upstairs and it was black where he had wiped! Also, there was a bolt that had been waxed over and stuck to the floor upstairs.

Thes folks say they have the finest of everything...but I beg to differ! We were there for a celebration....I had been on life support in ICU and the hospital for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov and my husband said that when I got out and recuperated that we were going to have a big celebration!

We DID make the best of a bad situation and said we weren't going to let this ruin it for us, as the guy at guest services said that there were no other comparable cabins available as they were having a 50% off deal for the week-end that I paid FULL price for! I hope those folks had better luck than we did!

Review about: Cabins Of The Smoky Mountains Cabin Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments